Name : Dr. K. Mohammed Ali Askar
Address : Flat No. 5 C, J.M.
Residency Apartments, Mele Tahmpanoor,
GPO, Thiruvananthapuram- 695001
Mobile No. : 9496456851
Designation : Assistant
Department : Dept. of Arabic, University College
Date of Birth : 31-05-1975
Date of Joining : 31-07-2007
Area of specialization : Arabic Language & Literature
- Ph.D. in Arabic, University of Calicut, March 2008
- M.A. (Arabic), University of Calicut, June 1999, 66 %, I Class
- B.A. (Afzal Ulama), University of Calicut, June 1997, 49 %, III Class
- Ph. D. in Arabic, University of Calicut, 2008 : "A comparative study of Jubran Khahlil Jubran with Michael Naimy"
- University College, Thiruvananthapuram, 01/07/2009 onwards, Teaching in M.Phil, P.G &U.G. Level
- Maharajas College , Ernakulam, 2 years, 2007-2009, Teaching in PG and U.G. Level
- Government College, Kasargod , Guest Lecturer, 5 Years, 2000-2005, Teaching in PG and U.G. Level
- Maharaja’s College , Ernakulam, Guest Lecturer, 2 years, 2005- 2007, Teaching in PG and U.G. Level
Peyyaan Venpinilkkunna Kadhakal (Book Review), Grandalokam Monthly, PP 76-77, December 2015, Kerala State Library Council
Adonis' Poetry: Marubhoomi (Malayalam Translation), Middle East Chandrika Qatar, Fourth Annual Issue, PP 172-187, December 2015, Qatar
Adonis' 12 Poems (Malayalam Translation), Grandalokam Monthly, PP 32-52, November 2015, Kerala State Library Council
- Adonis' Poetry: "Bairutinu Abhivaadyam"(Malayalam Translation), Chandrika Weekly, 2015 November 14, PP 32-33
- Adonis' Poetry: "Bairutinu Abhivaadyam"(Malayalam Translation), Janashakthi Fortnightly, 2015 November 16-30, PP 68-69
- Bhaashaandarappedaan Visammathikkunna Vivarthanaanubhoothikal (Malayalam), Mathrubhumi Books Journal, Issue 20, January-February 2015, PP 5-9, Mathrubhumi Books
- Adonis' Poetry: "Pravasageetham" (Malayalam Translation), Mathrubhumi Books Journal, Issue 20, January-February 2015, PP 10-11, Mathrubhumi Books
- Adonis' Poetry: Marubhoomi (Malayalam Translation), Sanghashabdam, ISSN 2321-9106, June-July 2015, PP 55-58, Association of Kerala Government College Teachers (AKGCT)
- "Randu Kavikalude Mahaa Deshathil" (Malayalam), Varadya Madhyamam, 12 April 2015
- "Khalil Jibran: Pratibhayude Analpamaya Aazhapparappu" (Malayalam), Middle East Chandrika, 3rd Annual Issue, 2014
- Khalil Jibran : Kavyadamshanametta Pravachakan (Malayalam), Sanghashabdam,
ISSN 2321-9106, February 2014, PP 38-41, Association of Kerala Government
College Teachers (AKGCT)
- Khalil Gibran : a painterly writer, Proceedings of 89th Orientation Programme, Published by Academic Staff College, University of Culcutta, July 2011
VISUAL MEDIA EXPERIENCE
- Directed Single episode Short film which telecast on Doordharshan, Thiruvananthapuram.
- Directed 14 minutes Documentary film for Rescue foundation , Bangalore
- Directed 5 minutes short film “almighty” which screened in some national film festivals.
- Worked as Associate Directed in a number of Documentary Films of State Institute of Education Technology, Thiruvananthapuram.
- Main Role Played in 2 Telefilms of Doordarshan , Thiruvananthapuram
- Written script for a number of Corporate Films and Documentaries.
PARTICIPATION IN WORKSHOPS / SEMINARS / COURSES
- National Seminar on Arabic language and Literature, 2003, Dept. of Arabic, Government College, Kasargod
- Workshop on Cinematography : different lighting methods, 2003, November Kerala Kalapeedam and Malayala Kalagrammam , Mahe
- International Seminar on Democratic & secular Education, 4-6 December, 2008, Ministry of ducation & Culture, Govt. of Kerala
- Workshop on Art Appreciation, September 2004, Lalitha Kala Academy of Kerala
- Orientation on UG restructuring, Women’s College, TVM, 10/12/2009
- 89th Orientation Programme, Academic Staff College, University of Culcutta, July 2011
SEMINARS / WORKSHOPS ORGANIZED
National Seminar on Arabic Language and Literature in Kerala: Evolution & Challenges, Department of Arabic, University College, Thiruvananthapuram, January 5-6, 2016
National Seminar on Contemporary Arab Theatre, 18/12/2014, Dept. of Arabic, University College
- 3 Day University Level Workshop for revising the scheme & syllabi of BA Arabic (Private) and BA Afsal-ul-Ulama programmes of University of Kerala, organized by the Board of Studies in Arabic (Pass), at Department of Arabic, University College, Thiruvananthapuram, 27-29 December, 2012
- National Seminar on the Dynamics of Interaction between Arabic and Indian Regional Languages, 18/12/2012, Dept. of Arabic, University College
- National Seminar on the Arab Spring: Perspectives of the Popular Uprisings in the Arab World, 27/03/2012, Dept. of Arabic, University College
- One Day Seminar on Arabic: Language , Literature & Education, in observing the International Arabic Day on 18/12/2010, Centenary Hall, University College
- Workshop cum Orientation programme on the First Degree Programme in Arabic under CBCSS, 02-03/07/2010, Dept. of Arabic, University College
- National Seminar on Post Modern trends in contemporary Arabic literature, 21/10/2009, Dept. of Arabic, University College
ACTIVITIES & MEMBERSHIP
- State Assistant Nodel Officer : EDUSAT Programme, Govt. of Kerala (2010-11)
- Convenor : Expert committee in Arabic, M.G. University
- Member : PG Board of Studies (Arabic), University of Kerala.
- Additional Chief Superintend : M.G. University off campus examinations, Kottayam.
- Member : Arabic Teachers’ Examination Board.
- Member : Arabic Expert Committee, MG. University, Kottayam.
- Executive Member : Cochin Film Society, Cochin.
- Resource Person : SIEMAT, Thiruvananthapuram.
- Secretary, Association of Kerala Government College Teachers State Committee 2013-2014
- Editor, Sanghasabdam, Journal of AKGCT 2012-13, 2016